Blogmas day 9- Holidays in my country

Hey guys! It's Blogmas day 9 and I wanted to do something a little different today. I will tell you about holidays in my country, Serbia.


Rezultat slika za new year



You may don't know that I come from Serbia. It's a beautiful, but small country in southwestern Europe. It is on Balkan Peninsula. We are Christan, but not Catholic. We are so called orthodox. We don't celebrate Christmas. For us, New year is the same thing as Christmas. On New Years eve, we get presents from Santa, and we give them to each other. We put on decorations usually a couple of days before New Year, and don't put them down until after the Serbian New Year. It's in January BTW.

Of course, some people celebrate Christmas. We celebrate Christmas on January 9th. But we get presents stuff like that on New Years eve. You have to wait till midnight to open them. Yes we do Vlogmas and Blogmas, but most of us do it even tough we don't celebrate it on December 25th.


Hope you are all okay with me talking about my culture, and customs we have here. See you tomorrow with Blogmas day 10!

Comments

Popular Posts